Monday, July 20, 2009

Stop complaining. Not everyone reads the books.

I recently went to see the newest Harry Potter movie at midnight when it was released all over America. It was wonderful. I have loved Harry Potter from the moment I started reading them. The movies have also been quite good. My favorite part of the movies are the casting. When I read the books the characters come to life a lot better knowing what they look like. With the exception of one character, the majority are exactly as I would imagine. Good job to the casting directors. After watching the movie, I was pumped. However, not everyone felt the way I did.

Ever since movies have been based off of literature, people have knocked film makers for destroying everything the books says. I will admit it. Sometimes the story is butchered to make a blockbuster movie. Lately, I have been taking another stance on this. People complained about the newest Harry Potter not being like the book or having scenes missing or added. People are also very picky and ridiculous. The newest movie was excellent. I have read the book several times and I didn't even care about the contents of the movie. It was very good. I just think people need to shut up. They don't realize that the books have a lot of information that isn't really important to the overall storyline. To make the entire book would be insane. People don't want to see a 9 hour movie. Ok, I might, but this isn't about me.

Another thing people have to realize is that not everyone who is a viewer of the movies are readers. People are involved with the story and have never even lifted a page. It makes me excited to watch the movie with a person like that. I know what is coming and they don't. What is better than that? I mean I would like to be surprised, too, but that doesn't happen when you have read the books. So, be courteous. Some people don't know what is coming.

Finally, I think people just want something to complain about. This is probably the most true. I am even a victim of that. We aren't perfect. I just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment